In today’s world, we appreciate very much the availability of gadgets and gizmos that have enabled us to be mobile and yet be still connected to the rest of the world. We also appreciate that these gadgets has enabled us to bring with us any kind of file, be it related to work, fun or leisure. These mobile gadgets have also enabled us to multitask and bring together work and leisure.
[ Don’t Miss: 10 Reasons Satellite Is Better than Cable ]
Movies and videos are one of the most in-demand file types when it comes to sharing files. There are file sharing servers and services that allow people to share videos and movies, aside from music which is also a common file shared by a lot of people. There have been instances that legitimate owners of these video and music files pressed charges against these file-sharing sites. Everyone thought that it would be the end however, things still continued and file-sharing sites are still basking in their glow of popularity.
There are different kinds of video files that people can share using thunderbolt cable to download from a server to a mobile gadget. The great thing about this kind of cable is that it is a high-speed cable, which is capable of transferring files at lighting speeds. What used to take one hour or more when transferred using a regular USB cable can now be finished in less than 5 minutes. Here are the different kinds of video files that can be transferred using this cable.
• .AVI – This acronym stands for Audio Video Interleave. It is a format used by Microsoft’s video for Windows multimedia framework. The downside of this is that you would have to install the right codecs on your computer or device in order to have this file format play properly. Compatibility is always an issue here. Another downside to this format is that it is usually uncompressed making the file really huge and not fit for uploading to the Internet or via email.
• .WMV – This acronym stands for Windows Media Video. This type of file format works best with Windows Media Player, which is a standard issue when buying Windows-based laptops and desktops. This is one of the more popular video formats used when the video is intended for upload or to be shared over the Internet. The videos are compressed making the file size small and very manageable.
• .MOV – This is a file format is commonly found for use in Apple Quick Time movie. This is the most common sharing format for Mac users. This is also a huge file format however with the development of the Thunderbolt cable, transferring huge files like this is not a problem anymore.
[ Don’t Miss: LG curved TV – The World’s first OLED TV with curved screen ]
• .MPEG – This was developed by Motion Picture Experts Group thus the acronym. They are a group established developed to standardize digital and audio formats. It is also one of the common file types shared over the Internet.
• .MPEG-4 – This is considered to be one of the great ways to share video files over the Internet. It is clean when compared to the other codec sizes and is starting to enjoy its popularity among camcorders and video recorders.
These are just some of the more common file types for videos and movies that could be found all over the Internet.
What’s your most favorite video file type? Do share your views in the comment section, we’ll be glad to hear from you.